Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It is just like painting...

...except you frame it first.  This is the gate I am working on, the double arches, the entire frame are finished.  It is about 13' wide and 5' tall, on the smaller side for entry gates.  Between the arches will be a cobweb of vines, seriously adding to the strength and creating a truss along the top.  This is what makes the gate strong and prevents it from sagging.  The interior lower field of the gate will be made up of wavy round bars, like rain, maybe.  The top section between the arches and overlapping here and there (think "splash of paint") will have nine grape clusters with copper leaves.  These will be powder
coated clear and the gate itself a textured black satin powder coated finish.
 Pieces on the floor! I will pick them up tomorrow and turn them into table legs for the bar.
I have 2 projects at the same time going in my shop!  I have to build 15 table legs for a new beer bar!
Nine of these, all different, should be stunning once clear coated.
having fun!
 the center piece you see is just a brace to be removed.

I admit this is a little heavier than paint but the idea is the same:  create something never seen before!  I will be 67 years old in a couple weeks.  I was almost dead a short four years ago!  It is pretty incredible that I can still do this!  Loving it!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Always incredible, the things you create.

Barbra Joan said...

So good to see you working and LOVING it! And a chance to mess up that shop of yours and to keep you in good shape..
Enough work for now? or do you need more... ????
Barbra Joan