Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Last Supper!

Today is Thursday and just last Sunday it was 80 degrees in Eugene, Oregon!  This is way unusual and beginning the Monday after it was 80 degrees, it has been raining every sense.  More like "normal".  The good news is that I found hidden deep in foliage, a nice big pink tomato!  From saved and sent seeds from Germany! Thank you, Christine!  So, off I dash to the store and get some great bacon and made my "Last"  BLT of the season!  Unlike the first BLT, where I know there will be many more, this last one is eaten with a bit of sadness, knowing there won't be more for a whole other Season!  But, man I am telling you, it was good!
 this is all I do when saving seeds, nothing complicated.

2 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

That is one helluva tomato ...Next time I'm out there you will make me a blt.... I love the well done bacon.
The last of anything should always be savored.

Unknown said...

Surely this is a site well worth seeing.