Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Need HELP!

I am alive and well, read your blogs all of the time but don't have much to say! I will get over this hump, you'll just have to wait.  In the meantime I am struggling with this new computer!  Like anything new, some things are better and somethings are worse! I miss the easy live chat from my old system and talking with the very friendly and knowledgeable folks in India.  The 2 problems I am having at the moment are that the "live chat" no longer just appears suddenly when you might try to find me. I can get to it but it seems like a long convoluted process.
My other problem is in sending photos.  My Old Computer always asked me if I would like to reduce  their size for email and this computer doesn't ask me crap! Of course, I am not smart enough to do this on my own, so I need your help!  How do I reduce the size of a photo? Without going into a complicated photo editing program.
Just simple, like I used to have! Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! Jerry

8 comments:

Rama Ananth said...

The best thing is to upload them on Flickr and then you can download again from it in whatever size yo want. You must be having a Flickr account which is anyway free. Try it it is the easiest was I can suggest. Maybe there are other ways but for me it seems to be the best and ok.
Happy New Year Jerry!

Jerry Carlin said...

Thank you, Rama, I knew India would come to my recue! But it was easy on my antique computer! Now I have to go from my photo files to flicker before I can send it?

T. said...

Hi Jerry, can't offer any help on the chat but I did find this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-a-pictures-file-type-file-format

Although it doesn't allow you to change size as you up load to email it is a quick way to change size without going into a photo program. The link is for vista but I found it works on xp just by skipping the step for photo gallery which xp doesn't have and going directly to paint by going to start then accessories, then open paint. Once paint is open click file click open and choose the image you want. Once it's loaded in paint save it to a jpeg image which makes the file size much smaller. It takes under a minute to do once you get the hang of it.

If your using windows 7, it may still work the same but I'm not familiar with it. Hope this helps.

SooZeQue said...

jerry - I like to use PICASA which is thru Google. You just highlight the pic you want to send and hit the email button and it condenses for you. Plus you can do lots of easy stuff with photos. good luck If you start picasa it will load all the pics on your computer to picasa, but it will always keep the copies also on the computer picture place. if that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

I check in every morning here and am so glad to know you are just in a bit of a slump and a learning curve with the new computer. I do use the photo editing program that comes with the computer for resizing photos, which is easier than uploading to another site and then resizing them. I just open the photo up with the photo program that came with the 'puter (right click on the photo and choose the "open with" and select that program. The photo should open up in that particular program. Then you choose the "edit" option and then the "resize" option. Make sure you save the resized photo and that is really all there is to it. Good luck, Jer!

Jerry Carlin said...

Picasa! YES, i did it! I AM SO CLEVER! bUT NOT WITHOUT YOUR HELP!!!now I JUST HAVE to figure out the caps on this thing and I am ready to roll. thank you!!!! jerry

SooZeQue said...

Sweet! Now that you have it loaded. Pull up a pic in picasa... hit PICNIK and play with your photos all day and waste a lot of time... like me. It's easy, it's fun... it beats cleanin' the bathroom.

Jerry Carlin said...

Thanks, SoozeQue, Picasa will make an artist out of anybody! I ordered steel today, soon I will be welding!