Friday, July 19, 2013

You say "Tomato", I say

 Well over a hundred of these flowers on the Trumpet Vine!
This one is grown in a six gallon pot!
You gotta be a millionaire or do it yourself! 
Tomato!  Oh man, I feel rich this time of year!  My house is painted!  I am done with the spraying part anyway and have the white trim to go.  I am in no hurry and will do it one section at a time, the same way I got the house painted.  I had to look at this job in bits and pieces because the whole project would have become overwhelming.  I would just say to myself, "today I just have to paint one wall" and eventually I met myself at the beginning where I began.
Trumpet Vine Entry to my garden
This one might get eaten today!
I spend every morning in my garden, a little weeding every day and that too does not become a big job.  I think this year will be a bumper year for the garden.  We had a pretty nice Spring and I have been eating tomatoes since June 25th, the earliest ever.  Now the "Big Ones" are ripening!  These are the one pounders from all varieties:  Black Krim, Cherokee Purple, my two favorites, and Lemon Boy, Brandy Wine and others that I have forgotten their names.  I save the seeds from season to season and each year they get bigger and better and healthier. I can't imagine a summer without homegrown tomatoes and I wonder how we got fooled into accepting store bought tomatoes?
 Getting Bigger every day!
 My garden pool where I go skinny dipping!

2 comments:

Rama Ananth said...

Beautiful Tomatoes, and everything is beautiful, enjoy your summer Jerry!!!

Barbra Joan said...

Jerry, you've outdone yourself this year both with the flowers and the veggies..
Oh, I wish I were there in that garden today... How very beautiful..
I wonder if you sent me some seeds , could I grow one tomato plant next year? I've never done that..
And look how you've accomplished finishing the house painting job..
Your a good man Charlie Brown. !!!
BJ