Friday, May 17, 2013

I like potted plants

 Steel lined, slate flower pot, 12" x 12" xx 30"
And I am always hunting for new ones, unusual things I can turn
into a potted flower pot or I make my own.  Recently a client
hired me to make steel raised garden beds for her garden.  This
involved two beds that were 12' x 3' and two beds that were
about 5' x 6' and about 18" tall.  This was to replace her old and rotten cedar flower beds. I liked this idea, raised beds that
could last for a hundred years so decided to make some smaller
ones for myself, about 12" x 12" x 30" and another set about 8"
This is the photo I post often as it changes often.
deep.  Some I left as natural rusty metal and others I covered in
 This one has Blackberry vine and an accompanying trellis
This used to be a fountain but this year will be home to green beans! I hope they like the copper and slate wall.
slate and grouted the joints then built a steel frame to raise them
This one has Snap Peas growing in it.
 Rusty Steel, about 16" x 16" x 36"
off the ground.
 Slate covered steel, 8" deep and perfect for lettuce!

2 comments:

KK said...

I love how you are recycling metal handlers.

Kay Dennison said...

I really love what you're doing!!!!!