Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby it's Cold out There!


New Year and new work, but man is it cold. I have to rearrange my shop a bit to create room to build two eleven foot gates inside. I've done that now and the heater is on! The human condition is to complain, not enough work! too cold!, always something. I am not going to do that. I have my rabbit fur-lined gloves, a little comfort to the neuropathy in my hands, and I am ready to go to work! I love it. It is what I do and haven't been able to do for about eight months because of that cancer thing. I chased it off and I am back and intend to make this year the very best that I can. I realize that it is all me, my focus, what I choose to see. We get what we hunt for in life. This will be the year of my best art, my best garden ever and a really nice big juicy tomato!

I have been invited to apply to a gallery show where they will pay ME $1,000 to produce ten

art pieces for their show. and still get 80% of my sales! Wow! It doesn't get any better than that! Wish me luck and a warm shop! You can see some of what I do HERE.

I am so thankful that I am regaining my health and my strength, that I get another opportunity, a rebirth of sorts, to do what I like to do. I have secrets and will tell you every one of them, bit by bit, on this blog and The Other One!

5 comments:

Kay said...

Wow what a great deal! I hope you get that! Good luck

Barbra Joan said...

The BEST YEAR! Jerry thats wonderful.

Ruby said...

Wow Jerry! What a deal! That is my first bit of GOOD NEWS this year. Keep the good news coming!

My other news late yesterday was not good .... but I will put that on the back burner. Sometimes these bits are best left alone and perhaps allowed to fizzle out!

And, will concentrate on hearing more of your good news and the upcoming show. How exciting.

Love your attitude! Can you 'bottle it'? All the best!

^ said...

Congrats on the show! That is great news. Let us know how it goes and try not to freeze in the mean time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.