Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Shop, My Island

View from my shop.


Walnut tree and a look at my shop.





Working on a Bench. Working on a Gate.





Twenty foot single gate in my shop.


I have lived in the same house since 1972.
I have had the same phone number, a land-line, since 1969. I paid $8,375 for the house. It was a "fixer" house and about 900 square feet on a very large lot, about one-third acre. Over the years I fixed the house
making it about 2,200 square feet with a little "granny flat" attached. About 20 years ago I built my studio in the back yard. It is about 1,000 square feet and sits in the far corner of the property, not disturbing the flow of the sun on my garden. Every morning I walk the 100 feet or so, across my stone bridge, coffee in hand, to "go to work". I don't pretend for a second that this is hard. It is not like work at all. It is what I do.

6 comments:

Rama Ananth said...

You have the most beautiful garden and the studio. Everything looks so perfect.

Barbra Joan said...

I've seen it before in other photos and it still is beautiful to look at.. who couldn't be inspired in this eviornment?
The garden inspires me from 3000 miles away. !

SooZeQue said...

Nice Gate! I'm jealous you have an indoor shop - and check out that awesome welding table and all those great tools. Lucky Dog :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
^ said...

Beautiful workplace and living space. Love it.

Maundering mutterer said...

Your work environment reflects your personality as it only can do after so many years of moulding it. It looks vibrant and there are loving touches of detail and colour everywhere!