Monday, December 13, 2010

No Rules, Nothing to Say...


I am not a painter but "I slept at a Holiday Inn last night"! I am just having fun. I give paint a will and watch in amazement what it can do when out of the tube. I have ten store bought colors and that is confusing enough. They can become anything. I prefer to paint on metal where the colors aren't sucked into the surface and disappear. I like them alive and moving, mixing or not, going this way and that way. They become what they want, what they need to be, what they have always been.

I admit that I stand back and have a look and always feel a bit pretentious when I do this.

I think artists need to do this, find what is missing and what is too much. I think there are stories within a painting, a vocabulary of color, translations in design. A visual language

1 comment:

Maundering mutterer said...

The delight and pleasure with which you work with colour shows in every brush stroke. Sheer exuberence and joi de vivre! Perhaps it reflects your personality too...