Thursday, October 28, 2010

Free Advertizing


I am "Googleable" - you can look me up!
Jerry Carlin. I am not a famous artist (I'm still alive!) and there is nothing particuarly noteworthy about me. One day I took about four hours on this net to just see how difficult this would be. It is pretty easy, really. You join a bunch of free sites and they do the work for you.
This is the modern world of the net. It is no longer "I think, therefor I am". It is I am digitable, I am pixels, I exist in cyberspace, so I am alive! Well, that is a bunch of crock of course but people want to know who you are, where you can be found, what kind of art you produce, and in my case because I am invited into their homes, what kind of person you are. The internet is great for this. When I am represented in a local gallery or even up and down this valley I live in,
I always find the local internet classifieds or Craigslist, and post a listing there directing people to my websites and telling them what I do. Hey, here is one of my sites now:
I must have at least 10 websites and most of them are free and all of them will make you more findable.

3 comments:

Ruby said...

Love the sound and idea of 'cyber space'! A whole new world for me having grown up with 'tube type' radios and portable record players that were the size of a small suitcase!
I have only one regret about this electronic age.....I need a hundred more years ... I so would like to be among the first settlers to a new planet!

Jerry Carlin said...

Me too Ruby, I grew up in that world! Even now I don't own a cell phone. This computer is an antique at 8 years old and I was 43 before I was tricked into buying a television set!

Rama Ananth said...

Welcome to the new and ever fascinating dawn : wake up to new mind- blowing things around us!