Friday, November 26, 2010

Butterflies Are Free!


I did not make a calendar this year. I am not sure why the dates have to change from year to year, Christmas is always on the 25th, my birthday remains the third day in December, everything should remain the same!
This year, for Christmas, I bought my wife the most delicate and precisely drawn Calendar:
Constance Widen, a South African (yes, she is a lion!)
Canadian (yes, she is a butterfly!) and Internationally known (I am privileged to know her and call her my friend!) Artist Extrordinaire!
The wings are different is the first thing I noticed! These are not computer generated mirror images but hand painted in pastels, imperfect to perfection, the perfect Chrismas gift, a wonderful addition to the kitchen wall. My wife will love it!

3 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

What a beautiful gift for her Jerry , She will love it I"m sure! and don't forget
Butterflies are free.

Constance Stanza Extravaganza Extraordinaire said...

Jerry you are the most wonderful friend anybody could wish for and I am so, so glad that you are mine! I love you my dearest friend, thank you! oxox

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.