Monday, November 29, 2010

Painting into Lonely Hours


I don't do that! I do like the early morning hours, that quiet just before dawn. I like to see the sun rise, be the first to hear the birds
sing and see the promise of the new day, but I am not an isolated artist hunting for salvation or meaning in a paint brush. I paint for fun. I find laughter in the colors and because I paint mostly on metal, I seek to discover the will of the paint. It doesn't stay where put as on canvas; it moves about, blends or not, obliterates itself, or quite strikenly becomes something completely
different from what I had imagined. It is alive.







2 comments:

Barbra Joan said...

Not unlike you Jerry and it shows.
Colorful, happy, and unpredictable.

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

The colors sing to me.
Made me think of that song"You make me smile."